Monday 18 August 2008

Training for Nike 10K - The Human Race

I recently signed up for the next Nike 10K. Last time it was South London vs North London. This time it will be London against the rest of the world. About 30 other cities, worldwide, will be taking part.

Now to train. My preparaton has, I must admit, been a bit lacklustre of late. With a niggling injury (sore knee) I have been taking it easy. However, over the past 2 week this has changed. With the opportunity to run in the hills behind Alicante and my brother signing up for another 10K (he will not be allowed to get a better time than me) I have stepped up my efforts. After my recent good time in Elmbridge I'm aiming for a PB. Two weeks now to push close to that possiblilty. Hopefully the buzz of the occasion will hep me get there.

No comments: