Sunday 15 February 2009

14 mile long run, and blisters

I ache like a fiend! After a 14 mile run my legs are still screaming. Even with post-run stretching I still ache all over. And the blisters don't help. Maybe I should have broken my new shoes in a bit longer before a Sunday long run.

It's 6 weeks and counting. The Georgia Marathon is getting scarily close. So, I thought it was time to stop running with the club and do my own long run. Knowing what distance I have run at any point and being able to 'chop and change' the route is a big help. 15 miles was the target. Unfortunately I had failed to properly break in my new shoes. Duh! With 14 miles done blisters started forming. And that was the end of that - homeward bound :(

I just hope the blisters heal soon...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Can't seem to post any comments on blogger, so one more try!

Good job on the run, ouch on the blisters! I hate that!

Marathon Stu said...

Thanks Kathy. I managed 15 last week, but got another blister:( Am all tooled up now with anti-blister creams, etc and heading out for 16. 4 weeks to marathon:S