Monday 30 November 2009

South of Thames 5 Mile XC + Running Club meal = Sore Head

I ran my first proper cross country this weekend. The race was the South of Thames 5 Miles at Sparrow's Den in West Wickham in Kent. It took forever to get there (tube, train, train, tram and train), but it was worth it, even if I did have to run in normal running running shoes.

Running cross country without spikes isn't easy. I had hoped to buy some shoes before the race, but to cut a long story short, I didn't get any. So I had to run in the mud, slipping about all over the place. Luckily I managed to not fall over once :-). Didn't quite win tho. LOL.

Then back home and out to the club formal. Lots of speeches and things. Lots of beer too:-) It was good fun, but Sunday was a washout. I ached like a fiend, legs and head. Ugh... My usual Sunday run was out of the question. And it rained too, so I stayed in bed.

No comments: