Thursday 18 March 2010

New shoes for the London Marathon

I hate buying shoes. Even running shoes. Why some women love shopping for shoes is something that will always be beyond me. But, I needed a new pair, so I went to Run and Become and found some. I am now the owner of a nice new pair of Mizuno Wave Ultima 2.

Hopefully I can break them in before the London Marathon. Only 5 weeks to go. I hope I can do it. My old scabby pair are long past their best and I don't want to run 26 miles in shoes lacking support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just curious - how many miles did you get in the old ones? I keep reading running shoes get between 300 and 500 miles, but that's quite a range...

Marathon Stu said...

I ran a lot more than 500 miles in the old ones, and I would not recommend that you do the same. I notice the support lessen after about 600-700 miles. So, new shoes after every 600 miles seems fair by my experience.