Sunday 16 January 2011

Hoping to Defeat Injuy and Run in 2011

This year is going to be about recovery from injury and starting running again. The achilles tendon injury seems to be mending and knees problems are fading. With a bit of luck I should be able to start running again in next 2-3 months.

I'm hoping to run some good races this year. One hope was to run in the Istanbul Marathon in October. How realistic this is I am not sure. It may be that I have to tone down my ambitions and aim for half marathons instead. From a recent conversation with the girlfriend, Beth, the Royal Parks Half Marathon may be a decent alternative. And the Windsor Half might be an goo option too.

Training will be interesting. I'll pretty much have to go back to scratch and start all over again. This may not be as bad as it might sound. From what I hear form athletics pundits, taking time out and starting over is sometimes the best way to achieve further PBs, rather than pressing on and on and never getting any further ahead. Plus, I've seen good evidence of this with friends.

So, with all this in mind, there's going to have to be a good bit of training ahead, but for now I'm sitting tight and letting myself heal. But if it works out well, hopefully be a good year of running, with a possible PB or two. Here's hoping.

No comments: