Wednesday 13 April 2011

Marathon Training on hold again

I thought I could get back into training for some runs this summer. Alas this isn't going to happen.

As I said in my previous post, I managed a short run round the local park and nearby streets. It seemed to go well at the time. However, that same day I started noticing twinges in my achiles, telling me that I wasn't fully recovered yet. It's so frustrating, but I think I may have to sit out the summer and rest my injury a bit longer. To put it politely, it's most frustrating.

I'm going to miss some good races this summer. There's the Regents Park 1ok, Clapham Common 10 Series and Great Scottish Run to name but a few. Then there's the Royal Parks Half Marathon in October which my girlfriend Beth is running. I'm sooooo envious.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to takke it easy for a bit longer.

No comments: