Thursday 16 April 2009

Post-marathon - training begins again

The Jungle Room, Graceland

I always find post-marathon training a bit of a struggle. After working up to 26.2 miles and enduring and enjoying the thrill of the race I like to take a wee break from training. And after the Georgia marathon was no exception.

Being on holiday I had the perfect excuse. Trips to the Georgia Aquarium (biggest in the world I'm told), Graceland, Nashville, etc all provided an ideal distraction. Although I had my running gear ready most days, it was never used. It was fun, but not good for races ahead. Now I have to sort myself out for summer - 10Ks and all.

So far things are going OK. Two runs in I am up running about 3 miles without any real problem. However with a 10K race 3 or 4 weeks off I need to 'up' that just a bit. Wish me luck :-)

No comments: