Tuesday 28 April 2009

Virgin London Marathon 2010 - application sent

Once again I've applied for the London Marathon. This is the sixth year in row that I have tried for a place, having been unsuccessful in the five previous years. However this time should be different. London marathon rules state that if you apply for five consecutive races and are unsuccessful on each occasion you receive preference in the ballot sixth time round. Notably they stop short of ensuring a place, but I am hopeful.

London Marathon 2001 was my first 26-miler. The race was a tough slog for me, having never run any running event previously. However, the atmosphere was amazing! The constantly cheering crowds, egging everyone on, was truly inspiring and ever since I've been looking forward to running the race again. 2010 will be that year. I can't wait!

No comments: