Wednesday 13 May 2009

Staines 10K - the battle nears

It's only four days now to my first 10K of 2009. Not really a major deal I'll admit. However this race is a little bit different from others - I have one of my brothers taking part. Battle beckons.

It's his first race, but I'm not in the mood to give him any chances. Having been persuaded to run by his workmates, he's been training for 3-4 months now. And if he's telling the truth, he's progressed quite well. With training runs up to 10K and a target time of 55 minutes he's on target for a respectable finish.

It's anybody's race. Having recently run a marathon I should by rights have not problems finishing ahead. However my two week holiday after that has really dented my fitness. I've been catching up with my efforts and it looks like it could well be a close one on Sunday.

No comments: