Tuesday 25 March 2008

Easter Training in Sunny Glasgow

I've just got back to London from spending Easter weekend in sunny Glasgow. Seeing my Mum and catching up with friends is always nice. But the idea of going for a long run there this eary in the year is not always a pleasant one. It can be seriously cold!

And it was. I'm not too sure how far I ran (10-15 miles), but I felt it all the way. And so did others runners I saw out training, all both of them. Yep, that right, I saw two other runners in the two hour spell I was out. In London I lose count after about 30 minutes.

Anyway, moaning about it never helps so I did the milage. Out to the city centre. Then along the side of the River Clyde on to Ibrox Park, home to Glasgow Rangers Football (soccer) team, and back past Hampden Park (the Scottish national soccer stadium). A good run, but I felt the winter all the way. Twice it even started snowing!! My fingers were going numb. (Note to self, buy some running gloves fool!!) Finally though, I made it home; back to a warm house and steaming hot shower. Bliss.

9 weeks until my next visit to Scotland - the Edinburgh Marathon. Time to step up a gear.

No comments: