Monday 31 March 2008

15 Miles then to the Pub

What a scramble! I had to meet my brother at noon to watch the football. Glasgow Rangers against Glasgow Celtic (a match of huge significance where we are from) was being shown in one of the local bars. But first I had to run 15 miles. No problem. Right?

Wrong. I was up at 8am as planned, everything going well so far. Then I remembered all that wine I'd drank the night before. Duh!! I felt like crap. Time to rehydrate. So, by about 9.30, and after a LOT of water, I was ready to go. 20 mims warm up then off to Chelsea and back. Would I make it??

Yes. 14.7 miles later I made it back to my house, stretched, showered and got myself ready. I arrived at the bar just in time to meet my brother. We watched Rangers win against their Glasgow rivals Celtic while enjoying a few beers a free pies (all good marathon food). One of us supports Celtic, the other Rangers. Who was happier? That, I am not saying, but surviving that day makes me feel more ready for my next marathon.

No comments: