Monday 3 March 2008

Reading Half, conquered. Next stop Edinburgh Marathon?

I did it! I completed the Reading Half Marathon. And with a respectable time as well.:-)

How chuffed am I? 2 months ago I woldn't have believed it possible. Back in early January I was unfit, fat, and getting fatter. The idea of running to the end of the road was getting embarrassingly scarey. But with eight weeks of training, if with a few hiccups along the way, I managed to turn it around. The long runs, track sessions and muderous hill training has done the business and taken me past another finish line. My time: 1 hour 40 mins - my second best time out of four half marathons. Not bad :-)

At this moment I only have London Half Marathon arranged, but that's in October. Between then and now I'll need to sign up for something else. London 10K? Edinburgh Marathon,? Elmbridge 10K? Father's Day 10K? Or maybe all of them??

No comments: