Monday 21 April 2008

At last, 16 miles

I did it. I ran a 16 mile training run. It was a bit later than hoped, but now it's done I am confident of at least finishing in Edinburgh. I ran solid for 16 miles in my first marathon - London 2001 - and ever since have related that feat to being sufficiently fit to go the distance. Now to build on that foundation :-) Target: finish in under 4 hours. My PB is 4.01.

This is Battersea Power Station, on the bank of the River Thames. Built in the early 1930s it is now a defunct empty shell. Despite this, it is a listed building and revered London landmark. Seeing this marks the 6 mile point in my favourite long run route.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com