Tuesday 8 January 2008

First Track Session 2008 - Torture

It'd been two over months since I had been to the track. After a minor injury in the Athens Marathon in November and the distraction of Christmas (ok, beer) about nine weeks had passed since I last took to a running track.

I was about to pay for my recent laziness. After arriving at the track and greeting a few people, our coach, Stan, mentioned my recent tardiness. Justifiably, he suggested I attend more often. Then I found out why.

We were to run 6 x 800 M with 200 M in between. For some reason I found this to be less than easy, and more difficult than usual. Coming home second-from-last of about 40 I wasn't overly pleased with myself. Though I am sure a few people finished early. Honest. Anyway, I'm 'up to' 3 miles now, so I'm mildly hopeful for my half marathon in March.

No comments: