Wednesday 23 January 2008

Light at the end of the Tunnel

Another week of effort. Another week of desparate exertion! But now I feel like I'm making some progress.

Depite no hill training over the last week or any long run I'm beginning to feel fitter. Instead of a bout of hills, (work got in the way) I ran a little circle around the Thames from Parliament to Waterloo Bridge. Usually I go as far as Blackfriar's Bridge, but not while I am fat and unfit.

Then, hiking in Dorset at the weekend, I missed my long run. Not good. But I'm telling myself the 35 miles of walking will help. Not sure about the beer though.

And earlier tonight, back to the track. 7 times 800m with 200m intervals. Toughest yet this year. However, I didn't feel as close to death as in previous weeks, so I assume I am beginning to make some progress. We were informed that next week is miles. As you will expect, we are all looking forward to the challenge. :-\

No comments: