Wednesday 16 January 2008

Training and Raining

Things are improving, slowly. With another week gone before I kill myself running the Reading Half Marathon I am beginning to feel a bit more ready for the 13.1 miles. But I reckon I may need to invest in a waterproof running jacket first.

Hill training, weekend long run and intervals at the track all went as hoped. I survived the hills, doubled my endurance on Sunday (up to a massive 3.6 miles) and endured the track (finished last again, but slightly less obviously. Really.). I just wish it had been dry. Going past all those non-runners with looks of disdain suggesting "You nutter! Go home and stay dry you fool!" wasn't the best, especially as they were all right. To the London Marathon shop I think, ASAP!

My next week is going to be a bit all over the place. I'm goingto miss hill training through work and will be out of town, hiking, when I normally do my long run. That sure ain't going to help. Regardless, I'm going to have to make up the training somehow, which should be 'fun'.

No comments: