Thursday 24 January 2008

London Half Marathon

I've just heard there is going to be a London Half Marathon this year. The date I was given was October 5. The location is thought to be in and around the O2 in North Greenwich.

This is totally unconfirmed. It's the first news I have heard about it, and I can't find any mention of it on the 'net. However it was being discussed by fellow runners at tonight's hill training session, and the sources are far from unreliable. Some were against the idea because it would be a mass participation event, but I reckon it would be a cool idea, especially London has no half marathon race of its own. And if the atmosphere is anything like the London Marathon it will be lots of fun.

Update:
The race is called Run to the Beat - http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk. Runners will run to music that "will be scientifically selected to match the physiological and psychological demands of the half-marathon event". Music always helps me run further and faster, so this should be a good race. PB?? Count me in!

No comments: