Wednesday 20 February 2008

Ready for Reading Half Marathon

At last, a week of training to be proud of. I've made enough progress to feel confident of finishing my impending half marathon, and I actually feel fit for once.

3 more training sessions. Thursday hills was 'murder' as ever. However on Sunday, after dragging myself out of bed, into a freezing cold morning (cars were all covered in frost!!) and up to the track to meet the Sunday crew from the running club, we got ready for our weekly long run. Off we went. And less than 2 hours later I had ran what felt like 12 miles. And a wee check-up online suggests the route was actualy 13.4 miles. Yeh!!! I am there! I am ready! Result. And to complete the past week's efforts, this previous evening's intervals was so much less difficult than previously, and not finishing last was quite a bonus.

Reason for improvement:- less beer. Here endeth the lesson.

Now to apply for the Edinburgh Marathon??

No comments: