Friday 29 February 2008

Reading Half Marathon here I come

Training has finished. There is nothing more to do now. The race beckons. Ready or not, I'll be running this Sunday in the Reading Half Marathon.

But I am ready. Less beer and better training have been paying dividends. Track sessions have become easier, and long runs have been longer. Hill sessions remain as murderous as ever, but that has always been the case, so no major worries there. All said, 13.1 miles is well within my grasp.

One last hurdle beckons. A big beer Friday! 'Last Friday of the month' beers and a leaving do that could be quite monumental spells impending doom for both my liver and race efforts. Its going to be tough. But if I keep fairly sobre and make it through the evening without pickling my liver (and have to spend Saturday in bed recovering) I should be OK for Sunday. I am meeting friends after the race and don't want to report a bad time, so hopefully that should help keep me in line. Time will tell.

Now I need to sort out a race or two for summer. Edinburgh Marathon and a 10K in London?

No comments: